Power customers can use smartphone app
By Kim Leonard
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 2:24 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
West Penn Power and Penn Power customers can report power outages and pay their bills via a new mobile website and smartphone app.
Parent company FirstEnergy Corp. of Akron said it added the services that also can be used to access the companies' social media sites and analyze electric usage. The same features are available for its other eight utilities outside Western Pennsylvania.
The mobile website is enabled when customers visit www.firstenergycorp.com using their Apple iPhone or Android smartphones. The keyword “FirstEnergy” will locate the app in online stores. West Penn Power has more than 700,000 customers, and Penn Power, around 160,000.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Seattle-area bridge collapse survivor: ‘You hold on’
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.