Quaker Steak & Lube op[ening locations in more states
By Kim Leonard
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Quaker Steak & Lube, the dining chain that started in 1974 in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, plans to open 17 restaurants this year in Pennsylvania and elsewhere.
A Plano, Texas, location opened recently and Medina, Ohio, and Columbia, S.C., restaurants are opening in the first quarter.
“We are well on our way to doubling our current footprint,” CEO John Longstreet said. The casual chain has nearly 60 locations in 19 states and Canada.
There are nine Western Pennsylvania restaurants. The company didn't specify where it will expand in the state.
- Man attacked by dog in Carrick cemetery
- Spezza gets back on ice for Senators
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Alvarez blast lifts Pirates past Astros
- Tunisian security blocks radical Islamists’ conference
- Senators notebook: Big cheers for little hero Pageau
- Guns a public health issue
- Washington scandals intrude on Massachusetts Senate race
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Florida town abuzz over winning Powerball ticket
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.