Robert Morris names Beehler as new business school dean
Robert Morris University announced its new business school dean is John Beehler, a Pennsylvania native with an entrepreneurial bent.
A Poconos native, Beehler had been founding provost at the University of North Texas at Dallas. The school was opened in 2000 as an extension of the University of North Texas, then becoming an independent institution 10 years later. He has been dean at two business schools in Kentucky and Kansas.
The new dean succeeds Derya Jacobs, who became vice provost for research and graduate education.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Penn State wins 2nd straight women’s volleyball title
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents