Chrysler adds 278,000 trucks to axle recall
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013
Chrysler said Thursday that it is recalling 278,000 pickup trucks and SUVs because their rear axles can lock up unexpectedly.
The recall covers many Ram 1500s from the 2009 through 2012 model years as well as Dodge Dakotas from 2009 through 2011. Also included are Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs from 2009.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said a nut in the rear axle can come loose because of a missing adhesive patch. If that happens, the axle can lock and the driver could lose control of the vehicle.
Chrysler said there have been 15 reported accidents but no injuries due to the problem.
It's the second time Chrysler has recalled trucks for this problem.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Local ‘drummer boys’ plan march from Pittsburgh to Gettysburg
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Alleged Washington County carjacker arrest at airport
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.