Exco Resources to cut 70 workers in Marshall
By Sam Spatter
Published: Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013
Exco Resources LLC, a Dallas-based natural gas and oil exploration company, will transfer about 35 employees to its Dallas office and lay off 35 at its Keystone Summit location in Marshall by April 5, the company said in a filing.
“Exco is relocating some of its Pennsylvania employees to its corporate headquarters in Dallas, and some employees are being released as part of a reduction in force in Pennsylvania,” said Exco spokeswoman Heather L. Lamparter.
She declined to say how many employees remained at the Marshall offices.
The changes in the Marshall office are in response to Exco's reduction in certain activity caused by the low natural gas prices, she said. The Appalachian Basin and the Marcellus (shale) remain a key focus area for Exco's future development, she said.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Friend of man accused in soldier's death arrested at BBC after interview
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Memorial Day events set in Westmoreland, Fayette
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.