Castle Shannon project financing OKd
By Sam Spatter
Published: Friday, February 22, 2013, 4:33 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
The final financing piece for the $35.8 million Shannon Transit Village project, to be built at the Castle Shannon light-rail station, has been approved.
The Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County on Friday authorized its staff to obtain $5 million in tax increment financing for the project, which will have a 128-unit apartment building and parking deck.
All three taxing bodies — Castle Shannon, Keystone Oaks school district and Allegheny County — have approved the financing, which ends a more than 10-year effort to get the project started.
State Sen. Wayne Fontana, D-Brookline, said the development could lead to similar projects at Dormont and Beechview T stations.
JRA Development of the Strip District is the developer of the 6.6-acre site, located along Castle Shannon Boulevard.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Friend of man accused in soldier's death arrested at BBC after interview
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Smoking in school costs New Florence man more than a fine
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.