Gasoline prices continue slow decline
By Alex Nixon
Published: Monday, March 25, 2013, 4:06 p.m.
Gasoline prices continued their slow decline this week, hitting an average of $3.75 a gallon in the Pittsburgh region on Sunday, according to GasBuddy.com.
The average price has fallen 2.3 cents over the last week and 8.9 cents over the last month.
Across the country, the average price on Sunday was $3.64, down 2.5 cents from last week and 9.5 cents lower than a month ago.
“Average gasoline prices have continued to quietly move lower in the last week across much of the United States at a time of year when we historically are accustomed to seeing prices move higher,” GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: A great day to appreciate No. 68
- Steelers safety Polamalu finds himself in tough position
- LeBeau wants to come back as Steelers defensive coordinator
- Power play, penalty kill help put Penguins on another 100-point pace
- Daily News roundup: West Mifflin girls roll in Section 4 opener
- Steelers notebook: Cutting down turnovers, sacks hasn’t led to victories
- Norwin uses early-season experience to rout Latrobe
- Penguins notebook: Popularity with female fans brings test event to Consol
- Pitt’s Donald sweeps Outland, Bednarik awards, named All-American
- West Mifflin wrestling team opens up with new look
- Fashion FYI: Trunk shows opening up in Pittsburgh