Federated Investors posts slight gain in profit
Federated Investors Inc., the money management firm based Downtown, reported quarterly net income increased 2 percent to $43 million from $42 million the year earlier. Per-share earnings equaled 41 cents in both periods. Revenue dipped 1 percent to $228 million from $230 million. An increase in investment income offset revenue declines resulting from waiving money-market fees for some clients. Federated's level of managed assets accounts increased 3.6 percent to $377 billion as of March 31 from year-ago levels.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Penn State coach Franklin calls for patience
- 11 more artist-designed bike racks from Cultural Trust line Pittsburgh streets
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Christmas comes to Westmoreland County in many ways
- North Hills businessman’s secretary pleads guilty, says she helped him hide $27M from IRS
- Bowl destination is at stake for Pitt football in regular-season finale
- Thanksgiving by the numbers
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- ISIS claims hotel attack in Egypt
- Penguins notebook: Cole more at ease facing former team