Olive Garden revamps for the modern family
By The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Olive Garden is tossing out its famous “When You're Here, You're Family” slogan to cater to a more modern lifestyle.
After a 14-year run, the Italian restaurant chain will start a new ad campaign Sunday night as it looks to freshen its image and boost struggling sales.
Instead of evoking Old World charm, the new ads will feature brightly lit snapshots of modern life — little girls at ice skating practice, a woman striking a yoga pose, a group of friends taking a picture of themselves with a smart phone.
To underscore the point, the “Go Olive Garden” ads will be voiced over by actress Julie Bowen, who plays a neurotic mom on “Modern Family.”
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
- PPG Corning bankruptcy plan receives preliminary approval
- Automated teller machine fees up 20 percent in 5 years
- Pa. jobless rate declines as fewer look for work
- ‘Sonic’ to join Nintendo lineup
- Study: Retirees face declining standard of living
- Americans fail to find jobs as firms hire foreigners
- Federal regulators say Consol can reopen fire-stricken mine
- Idaho spud giant bets on biotech potatoes
- Web giants likely to battle for music fans’ attention
- Year after IPO, Facebook aims to be ad colossus
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.