ReAxis, Green alliance win small business awards
Chemical manufacturer ReAxis Inc. of McDonald will receive the inaugural Pennsylvania Sustainable Small Business Award from Duquesne University on Thursday.
ReAxis makes plastics, coatings, adhesives, sealants, oil and gas drilling additives and other products using green practices, the university's Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth said Monday.
The growing company recently opened a plant in Harmar that doubles its research and development space. ReAxis has about 50 employees.
The university also will recognize the nonprofit Green Building Alliance for promoting environmentally friendly business practices during its sixth annual Beard Symposium on sustainability.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline
- BNY Mellon is putting iconic Citizens Bank Tower up for sale
- Pipeline companies weather downturn in prices of natural gas, oil
- Wolf signs ban on new drilling beneath state land
- Super Bowl ads win by playing to viewers’ emotions, experts say
- U.S. Steel maps out greater efficiency for 2015
- Pennsylvania shale gas producers received hundreds of environmental citations in 4 years, PennEnvironment says
- Interest in hybrid, electric vehicles declines while gas prices fall
- MSA Safety products in demand to protect workers in dangerous jobs
- Emergency room visits decline as navigators steer patients to proper medical care
- U.S. Steel warns it may lay off almost 2,000 workers in Alabama, Texas