Retain sanity during holiday shopping
By McClatchy-tribune News Service
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Consumer stress levels tend to rise when the holiday shopping season hits.
Therefore, any advantage a shopper can get before embarking can help take the edge off the experience.
Several websites offer useful holiday shopping and purchasing advice, from payment options and budgeting considerations to time management.
Here are a few sites worth a visit:
Consumer Reports: Contains useful insights on devising a strategy for holiday shopping. www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/shopping/shopping-tips/holiday-shopping/overview/index.htm
Better Business Bureau: Offers eight tips to manage the hectic shopping season shopping. newyork.bbb.org/bbb-shopping-tips-for-the-holiday-buying-rush/
Everything Christmas: Spotlights 10 tips for avoiding holiday shopping lines. www.everythingchristmas.com/story/tipsavoidline.html
Federal Trade Commission: Provides advice on getting the best deal through online shopping during the holidays. www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/11/holidayshopping.shtm
National Foundation for Credit Counseling: Features guidelines to help keep holiday shopping stress-free. www.nfcc.org/consumer_tools/consumertips/consumertips_07.cfm
- ImPAct Awards go to 5 in Pittsburgh region
- Rue21 to be taken private in $1.1B deal
- Cloud backups offer reassurance, more
- Profit drops 29 percent in first quarter at American Eagle Outfitters
- Pa. jobless rate declines as fewer look for work
- Markets whipsaw as investors reassess Fed fears
- PPG Corning bankruptcy plan receives preliminary approval
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- Planning your escape from cable? Here’s what you’ll need to know
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
- Dick’s earnings rise 13 percent, but sales disappoint
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.