T-Mobile open to more deals
By Cornelius Rahn C.2012 Bloomberg News
Published: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
T-Mobile USA, the fourth-largest U.S. mobile-phone company, is prepared to look at more deals to catch up with rivals once it completes a merger with MetroPCS Communications Inc.
“Historically we've always been open and looked at those opportunities and will continue to do so,” Chief Technology Officer Neville Ray said Friday.
Even with the addition of MetroPCS, T-Mobile still trails Verizon Wireless, AT&T Inc. and Sprint Nextel Corp. in customer numbers. At the same time, the addition of wireless frequencies and the departure of millions of contract customers have left T- Mobile, a unit of Deutsche Telekom AG, with capacity for more voice and data traffic.
- Westinghouse hires regional president
- Retired UPMC surgeon sues surgical device maker over patents
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Be a pest employers admire
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely
- Hershey tapping into ‘milk candy’ market in China
- Auto safety advances through the decades
- Profit drops 29 percent in first quarter at American Eagle Outfitters
- ESPN cutting workforce, ‘smartly managing costs’
- You matter more than your school
- JPMorgan’s Dimon survives shareholder vote
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.