Area companies honored among state's Best Places to Work
Ten companies based in Western Pennsylvania were recognized among this year's ranking of the state's 100 Best Places to Work.
The list, compiled by Team Pennsylvania Foundation, the state Department of Community and Economic Development and Central Penn Business Journal, ranks companies based on surveys of employers and their employees. It groups companies as either a small employer, with 25 to 249 workers, or a large employer, with 250 or more workers.
In the large employer category, Somerset Trust Co. was ranked No. 2, and Phoenix Rehabilitation and Health Services Inc., Indiana, came in at No. 22.
Among small employers, eight Western Pennsylvania companies made the list. They were:
• No. 7 Wessel & Co., Johnstown.
• No. 8 Horovitz, Rudoy & Roteman LLC, Downtown.
• No. 14 ABG Capital, Robinson.
• No. 20 1st Summit Bank, Johnstown.
• No. 22 Sierra w/o Wires Inc., Robinson.
• No. 33 Bethany Hospice Services of Western Pennsylvania LLC, Green Tree.
• No. 40 KU Resources Inc., Duquesne.
• No. 63 SeniorLife Johnstown.
This year's awards were presented at a ceremony in Lancaster.
“Team Pennsylvania Foundation is proud to sponsor a program like the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania competition as we celebrate and honor companies that create a positive work environment for its employees,” said Matt Zieger, CEO of the Harrisburg nonprofit economic development organization.
Alex Nixon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7928 or email@example.com.