Pizza Hut perfume: Yes, it’s real
By Schuyler Velasco Staff Writer
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
No matter which way you slice it, Pizza Hut has long been an innovator in the pizza industry. But now Pizza Hut is channeling its creative streak into other ventures, releasing its own perfume.
“A brand new fragrance from Pizza Hut Canada boasting top notes of freshly baked, hand-tossed dough,” reads the announcement from Pizza Hut and its parent company Yum! Brands.
It began as a joke: Pizza Hut Canada's marketing firm, Grip Limited, posted a tongue-in-cheek Facebook post on the Pizza Hut Canada fan page, asking, “Do you love the smell of a box of Pizza Hut pizza being opened? We thought so. If that smell was a perfume, what would it be called?”
Thousands responded, some requesting a bottle of Pizza Hut perfume for themselves. And so it was.
- Highmark faces lawsuit that alleges it conspires to inflate premiums
- Digital medical-record use continues to rise
- Chrysler CEO sorry for ethnic slur
- Watch out for ‘cramming’ on your cellphone bill
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Highmark won’t take claims from new center
- More teens turn from Facebook to Twitter
- Loss doesn’t deter Consol Energy strategy
- ‘Soft skills’ rank high on employers’ wish list
- Loyalty programs devise new ways to woo shoppers
- Profit drops 29 percent in first quarter at American Eagle Outfitters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.