Pennsylvania opens applications for crisis energy grants
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 10:34 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Families facing home heating problems can apply for crisis grants starting Wednesday, to help repair heating equipment or pay a utility bill under Pennsylvania's Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
People can apply for a LIHEAP grant online at www.compass.state.pa.us or at county assistance offices. To download and print an application, visit the Department of Public Welfare's website, www.dpw.state.pa.us.
A household that received a cash grant this year does not need to complete another application and can call the county office to request a crisis grant if a heating emergency occurs.
To qualify, a family of four must make no more than $34,575 and a family of 10, no more than $70,215.
- Profit drops 29 percent in first quarter at American Eagle Outfitters
- Rue21 to be taken private in $1.1B deal
- GM recalls Cadillac SUVs
- ‘Sonic’ to join Nintendo lineup
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- Planning your escape from cable? Here’s what you’ll need to know
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Pa. jobless rate declines as fewer look for work
- Dick’s earnings rise 13 percent, but sales disappoint
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Retailers nix settlement, sue credit card firms
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.