Problems persist for Netflix
By Tom Giles and Olga Kharif C.2012 Bloomberg News
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 10:30 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Netflix Inc., struck by an interruption of its video-streaming service on Christmas Eve, said on Monday some customers may be unable to access its DVD website because of a technical malfunction. Engineers are working to resolve the problem, Joris Evers, a spokesman for Los Gatos, Calif.-based Netflix, said in an emailed statement. The streaming operation hasn't been affected, he said.
The company said last week that many customers in the Americas were unable to access online content because of a disruption caused by Amazon.com Inc.'s Web storage and computing system. In a website statement, Amazon apologized for the problem, without identifying Netflix..
- Profit drops 29 percent in first quarter at American Eagle Outfitters
- Westinghouse hires regional president
- Stocks like hint from Fed member
- Retired UPMC surgeon sues surgical device maker over patents
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely
- Be a pest employers admire
- JPMorgan’s Dimon survives shareholder vote
- Hershey tapping into ‘milk candy’ market in China
- You matter more than your school
- ESPN cutting workforce, ‘smartly managing costs’
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.