Don’t forget these tax deductions
By Chuck Myers
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:20 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
The number of deductions you can take on your 2012 tax filing might surprise you. But many tax filers may miss out on some deductions simply because they do not know they exist.
If you'd like to learn about overlooked deductions available the 2012 tax season, you might spend a little time visiting one of these websites:
-AARP: Features 10 tax tips that people over 50 should be aware of for 2012 taxes. http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-02-2012/tax-tips-you-should-know.html
-H&R Block: Covers important tax credits for 2012. http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/deductions-credits/overpaying-taxes.html
-Intuit TurboTax: Spotlights the 10 most-overlooked tax deductions, updated for 2012 taxes. http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/deductions-and-credits/5630.html
-Investopedia: Focuses on seven overlooked tax return items. http:/// www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1112/overlooked-tax-deductions-for-2012.aspx
-Kiplinger.com: Offers money-saving tax breaks that tax filers should not miss, in slideshow format. http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/taxes/T054-S001-the-most-overlooked-tax-deductions-slide-show/index.html
Source: McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
- Americans fail to find jobs as firms hire foreigners
- PPG Corning bankruptcy plan receives preliminary approval
- UPMC chief’s bonus, salary down
- Automated teller machine fees up 20 percent in 5 years
- Web giants likely to battle for music fans’ attention
- Pa. jobless rate declines as fewer look for work
- Year after IPO, Facebook aims to be ad colossus
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
- Blairsville-area company finds 2nd calling in shale gas service industry
- Idaho spud giant bets on biotech potatoes
- Federal regulators say Consol can reopen fire-stricken mine
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.