TribLIVE

| Business


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Men's Wearhouse rejects takeover bid

About The Tribune-Review
The Tribune-Review can be reached via e-mail or at 412-321-6460.
Contact Us | Video | Photo Reprints

By The Associated Press

Published: Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, 12:01 a.m.

Men's Wearhouse said its board has rejected an unsolicited $2.3 billion bid by rival Jos. A. Bank to acquire the men's wear chain. It said the offer wasn't in the best interest of the company or its shareholders.

In a news release issued on Wednesday, the company said the offer “significantly under­values Men's Wearhouse and its strong prospects for continued growth and value creation.”

Jos. A. Bank Clothiers announced Wednesday that it had made the offer last month. The Hampstead, Md.,-based clothier said it offered to pay $48 in cash for each share of Men's Wearhouse.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Business Headlines

  1. Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
  2. Corbett: Coal is working
  3. PNC’s CEO elected board chairman
  4. Mastech Holdings records 51 percent profit jump in 1st quarter
  5. Drugmakers ready to carve out deals any way they can
  6. BNY Mellon notches $661M profit in 1st quarter
  7. ATI takes 1st-quarter loss, but says outlook is good
  8. McDonald’s profit slips amid weak sales
  9. Young visionaries at PieceMaker Technologies Inc. see future in 3-D
  10. Winning streak for stocks continues
  11. ‘Old GM’ defense expected in court fight over faulty ignition switch
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.