Consumer Reports: Sprint is the worst wireless carrier
Sprint has landed at the bottom of Consumer Reports' annual ranking of cellphone service providers, dropping from the No. 2 spot last year.
Sprint this year received “dismal marks” for value, voice, text and 4G reliability, according to the report, which is based on a survey of 58,399 subscribers.
Verizon was once again the top major carrier, receiving high scores for data service and “some aspects of customer support.”
The overall leader on the Consumer Reports cell service satisfaction list was little known Consumer Cellular.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Government contests sale of GE appliance business to competitor Electrolux
- H-D Advanced Manufacturing in Franklin Park buys Virginia-based aerospace components maker Firstmark
- June manufacturing growth shows expansion
- SEC votes to expand clawbacks of executive bonuses
- Rules holding for-profit schools accountable for student earnings go into effect
- Alpha Natural Resources buys out European partner in Marcellus venture
- Kraft shareholders approve merger with Heinz
- Stocks rise on wind of Greece resolution
- Pending home sales in U.S. climb to 9-year high
- U.S. Steel, Alcoa lead June decline
- Halliburton to close Indiana County office