Cold weather forces cancellation of Western Pa. Daffodil Show
The Daffodil & Hosta Society of Western Pennsylvania has cancelled its annual Daffodil Show because of a lack of blooms.
The show had been scheduled for April 6 at Soergel Orchards and Gardens in Wexford, but the lingering cold weather has taken its toll on the traditional spring plants.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Beaver County woman guilty in niece’s shooting
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Homework: Pittsburgh Botanic Garden in North Fayette reopens
- Photo Gallery “Toddler and Preschool Fitness” at the Northland Public Library
- It’s time to think about planting cool-season vegetables
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Pittsburgh comic Billy Gardell steps up his game with Monopoly host gig
- City, county leaders say Heinz plan to keep HQ in Pittsburgh
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat