Cold weather forces cancellation of Western Pa. Daffodil Show
The Daffodil & Hosta Society of Western Pennsylvania has cancelled its annual Daffodil Show because of a lack of blooms.
The show had been scheduled for April 6 at Soergel Orchards and Gardens in Wexford, but the lingering cold weather has taken its toll on the traditional spring plants.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Ex-S. Allegheny teacher held on sex assault counts
- Propel sixth-graders chronicle McKeesport history for younger peers
- Ford City told to correct problems with pension plan language
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Primary write-in votes tabulated in Armstrong County
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak
- Pa. Gov. Wolf proposes to add $28M a year for human services