'Mad scientist' charged with attack on nurse in Uniontown
Published: Thursday, April 12, 2012
A Fayette County man who police said identified himself as a "mad scientist" before he pushed a nurse is accused of aggravated assault.
Jerry Wingrove, 37, of 23 Snyder Terrace is charged by Uniontown Hospital police with aggravated assault, defiant trespass and harassment.
In a criminal complaint, police said a nurse approached Wingrove at Uniontown Hospital at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday because Wingrove was looking at computer screens containing patient information.
When confronted, Wingrove declared he was a mad scientist assigned to check the hospital's computers, according to the complaint. Police allege he shoved a nurse when he was asked to leave.
Wingrove faces a preliminary hearing 8:45 a.m. May 1 before Uniontown District Judge Michael Metros. He is free on $5,000 unsecured bond.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Officer hurt while chasing suspect in Oakland
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Lack of runs dooms Kiski Valley in Legion loss
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.