Newsmaker: Scott M. Lammie
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Sunday, March 25, 2012
Noteworthy: On Monday, Lammie will receive the Manchester Bidwell Corp.'s 2012 Jesse W. Fife Jr. Fabric of Our Community Award for his work helping to establish a training program for electronic record medical assistants at the Bidwell Training Center. Manchester Bidwell says eight of nine students in its first class and 10 of 14 in the second found jobs after graduation, mostly within UPMC.
Family: wife, Susan; sons, Michael, Ryan and Cory.
Title: Chief financial officer, UPMC Health Plan; senior vice president, UPMC Insurance Services Division.
Background: Lammie has worked 22 years with UPMC, and spent nearly 20 years volunteering with the Bidwell Training Center to develop its medical training programs. He has been a member of Manchester Bidwell's board since 2009. He is a licensed CPA.
Education: Bachelor of Science in accounting, Duquesne University, 1976.
Quote: "In this program, there are hundreds of positions that need these kind of skills, maybe thousands over time as it reaches more small practices."
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Officer hurt while chasing suspect in Oakland
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Lack of runs dooms Kiski Valley in Legion loss
- Foodie star Alton Brown is taking his act on the road
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.