UPMC Children's Ball held at Carnegie Science Center
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, March 11, 2012
"It could go later," laughed UPMC's James Spindler. "The kids are an endless source of energy."
More than 700 wide-eyed munchkins were in their glory during the UPMC Children's Ball at the North Shore's Carnegie Science Center on Saturday, where the Passport to Adventure began with a mad dash to see what was next.
"My three kids are somewhere in the building. ... I can't even corral them," said UPMC McKeesport prez Cindy Dorundo.
Benefiting the UPMC Health for Life Summer Camp at Braddock, the Journey Around the World featured the Zany Umbrella Circus, Pittsburgh Nrityamala (Pitt's Indian Classic Dance Team), and the Pittsburgh Taiko drummers. On the scene were Dr. Vonda and Isabella Wright with Peter Taglianetti; Jennifer Gollick and her son, Finnley; Susan and Michael Mammarella with Angelina and Katryna; Clyde Jones, Michelle Chisholm, Joan Procopio, Christine and Mark Sevco, Merle and Michelle Taylor with Emma, Luke, Sam and Jack; Pam Douglas, Gina O'Malley and Melanie Spain.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Powerball officials: 80 percent of number combinations picked
- No fare increases in Port Authority of Allegheny County’s next budget
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.