UPMC Children's Ball held at Carnegie Science Center
"It could go later," laughed UPMC's James Spindler. "The kids are an endless source of energy."
More than 700 wide-eyed munchkins were in their glory during the UPMC Children's Ball at the North Shore's Carnegie Science Center on Saturday, where the Passport to Adventure began with a mad dash to see what was next.
"My three kids are somewhere in the building. ... I can't even corral them," said UPMC McKeesport prez Cindy Dorundo.
Benefiting the UPMC Health for Life Summer Camp at Braddock, the Journey Around the World featured the Zany Umbrella Circus, Pittsburgh Nrityamala (Pitt's Indian Classic Dance Team), and the Pittsburgh Taiko drummers. On the scene were Dr. Vonda and Isabella Wright with Peter Taglianetti; Jennifer Gollick and her son, Finnley; Susan and Michael Mammarella with Angelina and Katryna; Clyde Jones, Michelle Chisholm, Joan Procopio, Christine and Mark Sevco, Merle and Michelle Taylor with Emma, Luke, Sam and Jack; Pam Douglas, Gina O'Malley and Melanie Spain.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- Roundup: Sunoco gas station at Pittsburgh airport to close for upgrades; Google, Johnson & Johnson team up to build robot surgeons; more
- 2 New Kensington-Arnold candidates removed from primary ballot
- West Virginia basketball great Hundley dies at 80
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Leechburg hosts vigil to halt drugs, violence in the community
- Vandergrift Sons of America gives back to the community
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Falling demand for steel not likely to reverse any time soon