Valentine's Day 5K run slated for North Park Saturday
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, February 9, 2012
The Remi Savioz Glut1 Foundation will hold its second annual Valentine's Day 5K and 5 Miler on Saturday in North Park.
The rain-or-shine race for runners of all ages and experience levels starts at 10 a.m. at the North Park boathouse. The top three finishers in the male and female divisions will be recognized.
Remi Savioz, 13, of Franklin Park, was diagnosed with the rare brain disease Glucose Transporter Type 1 Deficiency Syndrome, at age 8. The foundation in Savioz's name funds research, awareness and education of RSG1 and other diseases affected by glucose transporters.
Registration is $20 per runner by Friday at midnight or $40 after. Runners can register at www.valentinesday5k.kintera.org.
Proceeds from the event benefit the foundation and RSG1 Brain Fund at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Friday’s high of 51 was lowest ever for May 24
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- Police: Former Bethel Park PTO president spent stolen money on ‘stupid stuff’
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.