Young Artist winners to perform at Seton Hill
By Bob Karlovits
Published: Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Sixteen young musicians will perform Sunday at the Ferrier Young Artists Competition Winners' recital at the Seton Hill University Performing Arts Center in Greenburg.
They were chosen in a competition of 24 finalists last Sunday.
The winners are:
• In piano: Bianca Li, a freshman at Franklin Regional High School; Nolan Pepka, a freshman at Kiski Area High School; Olivia Syphan, a freshman home schooler from New Florence; Anna Hu, a seventh-grader at Latrobe Junior High; Kelvin Liu, a sophomore at Franklin Regional; Miko Reyes, a sophomore at Latrobe; and Elly Hu, a senior at Latrobe.
• Instrumental: Lydia Hull, violin, a seventh-grade home schooler from Derry; Katja Kochvar, flute, an eighth-grader at Franklin Regional; Megan McKelvey, clarinet, an eighth grader at Franklin Regional; and Drew Ramsey, flute, a ninth-grader at Franklin Regional; Abigail Hull, alto saxophone, a sophomore home schooler from Derry; and Kaitlyn Ruffing, flute, a junior at Franklin Regional.
• Vocal: Anishaa Sivakumar, an eighth-grader at Franklin Regional; Savannah McElhaney, a ninth-grader at Latrobe Junior High; Lauren Thayer, a senior at Derry Area High School
Music begins at 3 p.m. Admission is free. Details: 724-837-1850 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Shooting blanks
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Commissioners, sanitary authority remain at odds
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- P. Hills promotes officers, honors others for service
- Steelers reach agreement with sixth-round pick Williams
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.