Pittsburgh Film Office hosts pre-Oscar VIP Party
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, January 29, 2012
The who's who of the film industry made sure to grace a pre-Oscar VIP Party hosted by the Pittsburgh Film Office on Friday, where the house was betting on "The Artist" making a clean sweep at the Academy Awards next month, although it was hard to find anyone who has actually seen it.
A prequel to the PFO's Lights! Glamour! Action! Oscar party on Feb. 26, more than 300 including co-chairs Drs. Katie and Tony Farah, David Haddad, Chris Breakwell, PFO board Chair Russ Streiner, Emilio Cornacchione, Victoria Berdnik, Justin Streiner, Chelsea Danley and Joe and Lynn Smith were making the rounds at the J. Verno Studios in the South Side. Not to say that there weren't at least a few independent voters.
"I'm pulling for Nick Nolte, since "The Warrior" was filmed here," offered PFO director Dawn Keezer.
The Pittsburgh Film Office's Pre-Oscar Party at J.Verno Studio on Friday, January 27, 2012.
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Government says it recorded Ohio jail conversation because of Redbank man’s threats to witness, not his Muslim beliefs
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Former Charleroi pastor indicted on child pornography charge
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.