Pianist Geri Allen will headline Pitt Jazz Seminar
By Bob Karlovits
Published: Friday, October 7, 2011
Pianist Geri Allen, a Pitt graduate, will headline participants for the University of Pittsburgh Jazz Seminar and Concert Nov. 3 through 5 in Oakland. The series of workshops on the Pitt campus will culminate in a concert at 8 p.m. Nov. 5 at the nearby Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland.
Besides Allen, the event will feature trumpeters Randy Brecker and Maurice Brown, drummer Billy Cobham, guitarist Larry Coryell, trombonist Curtis Fuller, saxophonists Donald Harrison Jr. and Quamon Fowler, and bassist Abe Laboriel.
They will perform under the direction of Nathan Davis, director of jazz studies at the university. Admission is $18, or $8 for students. Details: 412-394-3353.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Rotary club celebrates diamond anniversary
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- NK-Arnold OKs proposed tax hike
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.