Enlow Fork miner injured when rock falls on a leg
A miner suffered a leg injury when a rock fell on him Tuesday afternoon at the Pleasant Grove portal of the Enlow Fork Mine in Washington County, emergency dispatchers said.
Firefighters and paramedics were called at 4:39 p.m. to the mine on Pleasant Grove Road in East Finley near the West Virginia border, dispatchers said. The miner was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Wheeling, W.Va.
"It was a minor incident," said Lynn Manning, a spokeswoman for Consol Energy Inc., which owns the mine. "The rock hit the miner on the calf, bruising it. He walked out on his own."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- NFL notebook: Student: Ex-Titan chased him, friends before crash
- Pirates defeat Braves, 3-2, clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat
- Steelers’ Tomlin says practice will determine OLB Harrison’s role
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Pirates notebook: Pirates prepare for playoff berth celebration
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, 1 went over hillside
- Pirates beat Braves, clinch 2nd straight trip to postseason
- Pennsylvania Sen. Jim Ferlo: ‘I’m gay. Get over it. I love it’