Enlow Fork miner injured when rock falls on a leg
A miner suffered a leg injury when a rock fell on him Tuesday afternoon at the Pleasant Grove portal of the Enlow Fork Mine in Washington County, emergency dispatchers said.
Firefighters and paramedics were called at 4:39 p.m. to the mine on Pleasant Grove Road in East Finley near the West Virginia border, dispatchers said. The miner was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Wheeling, W.Va.
"It was a minor incident," said Lynn Manning, a spokeswoman for Consol Energy Inc., which owns the mine. "The rock hit the miner on the calf, bruising it. He walked out on his own."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Plum teacher says he warned district about possible inappropriate conduct
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Jefferson Hospital flag-raising kicks off Donate Life Month
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- 2 Western Pennsylvania veterans’ suicides raise questions
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic won’t be pulled by state Liquor Control Board