Gilpin man's death under investigation
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, July 18, 2010
Authorities are investigating the death of a man whose body was found Saturday morning under the Leechburg Bridge, the Armstrong County coroner said.
Fishermen saw John R. Fouse, 43, of Gilpin face-down under the bridge about 10:50 a.m. He had recently moved to the area.
Police said Fouse had left his house about 10:10 a.m. and bought a bottle of soda at a store. Police said he might have collapsed sometime between 10:30 a.m. and 10:50 a.m.
Coroner Bob Bower said an autopsy found no injuries and that Fouse's death was consistent with natural causes, although toxicology studies are pending.
Leechburg police continue to investigate. Anyone who saw him before 10:30 a.m. or after 10:50 is asked to call Leechburg police at 724-842-8531 or the coroner's office at 724-545-1011.
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Egyptologist risks life, career to expose looting
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- New Castle doctor among newest astronauts
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- 27 witnesses to testify in heroin trafficking
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.