Friedens teen allegedly tosses firework into vehicle
Published: Wednesday, July 7, 2010
A Friedens teenager was accused of throwing a lit firework into a moving vehicle Saturday afternoon.
Howard Pepper V, 18, allegedly tossed the firework into the vehicle of a Stoystown family as they drove on Cumberland Street in Berlin just before 1 p.m.
Timothy, Nena and Dustin Lensbouer told state police that a floor mat and purse caught fire. After pulling over, the Lensbouers were able to extinguish the fire with water and cola.
State police charged Pepper with propulsion of a missile.
- Penguins notebook: Cup final will host NHL awards
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- Aid group attacked by Taliban, leading to street battle in Kabul
- Court upholds most ‘kids for cash’ judge’s convictions
- Slain British soldier’s family thought he was safe in U.K.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen’s strikeout rate plunging
- North Korean letter to China signals rapprochement
- Kerry: Tehran impedes election
- Senators notebook: MacLean puts onus on veterans
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.