25 Club of Magee-Womens Hospital ensures The Cradle Will Rock
By Kate Guerriero
Published: Sunday, May 2, 2010
"I have to speak later. I shouldn't even be having this glass of wine," mused 25 Club of Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC prexy Debbie Barbarita.
Thursday, and we were ready to kick off our weekend a little early with the Club's The Cradle Will Rock revelry, where the mood was sentimentally celebratory as we observed a moment of silence in honor of grand dame Dolores Bold, a longtime supporter and friend who had passed away earlier in the week.
Co-chairs Susan Fitzsimmons and Susan Zitelli were front and center to welcome more than 160 of us into the Mt. Washington manse of Steve Herforth and Peter Karlovich, where a stork was waiting to greet us outside and many, many tables of temptation (think chocolate-covered everything, a la Fudgie Wudgie) were waiting to greet us inside.
Janice Meade, Peggy Snavely, Carol Massaro, Barb Mendlowitz, Norma Sobel, Arlene Sokolow, Violet Gallo and Dani Grego were among those making the rounds with Dr. W. Allen Hogge and Dr. Stephen Emery, who was also showing off his flair for fashionable neckties.
"I'm trying to go for sophistication and spring at the same time," he mused.
Always a fabulous night with a fabulous group, and we were also impressed with the sprinkling of bright young things in attendance, all raising a glass for newborn medicine at Magee.
Fanfare May 2
Excellence is Ageless Gala - Lutheran Senior Life at Heinz Field on Friday, April 30, 2010, On with the Show, a gala celebrating Ted Pappas' ten years with the Public Theater held at the Fairmont Hotel, Saturday, May, 1, 2010Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy Spring Hat Luncheon held in Highland Park, Saturday, May, 1, 2010, 25 Club The Cradle will Rock benefit held in Mt. Washington, Thursday, April, 29, 2010.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Armstrong, StrongLand, Allegheny Valley chambers of commerce merging
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at Brackenridge crime scene
- Senator: IRS to pay $70 million in employee bonuses
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.