Blairsville family to be on television's 'Wife Swap' tonight
By Tribune-Review News Service
Published: Friday, April 30, 2010
Amanda Hess has been wild about pets — both warm-blooded and cold-blooded — for most of her adult life. More recently, she's become a fan of the TV show "Wife Swap."
Both of those interests dovetailed last year, when the Blairsville woman, her husband, Paul, their blended clan and their houseful of animals took part in filming for the popular reality series.
The resulting episode is set to air at 9 p.m. today on the ABC network.
"I loved 'Wife Swap' before," Amanda Hess said. "I had never in my wildest dreams imagined I would be on TV."
Viewers across the country will see Hess trade places with a Kentucky woman who loves designer fashions and finds sharing a home with pets distasteful.
In each episode, wives from two families with contradictory lifestyles exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) during a two-week challenge.
The Hess family has eight dogs, a de-scented skunk, an alligator, and various lizards and snakes.
According to Hess, a casting representative for the "Wife Swap" show was "looking for someone in the reptile industry," and, after coming across the website for her reptile show, sent her an e-mail inquiring whether she'd be interested in applying.
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Easy ways to jazz up the classic campfire s’more
- Oxbow stuns Orb in Preakness
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Newsmaker: Heather Kaczorowski
- Boston will assess police response to bombings
- ‘Anti-gay’ shooting fatality stuns NYC
- Oxbow wins Preakness; ruins Orb's bid for Triple Crown
- Woes at refineries push gas prices up
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.