Ex-anchor Don Cannon jailed for probation violation
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, April 23, 2010
Former television news anchor Don Cannon was placed in the Allegheny County Jail yesterday for violating terms of his probation for two driving-under-the-influence convictions.
Cannon, 70, whose real name is Donald James Clark, was taken into custody by Allegheny County sheriff's deputies on a probation detainer signed by a county judge after his probation officer learned that Cannon had been drinking at the Bethel Park motel where he was staying.
Cannon, who moved to the West Coast after his 2008 convictions, was returned to Allegheny County in November when Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel issued a bench warrant for his arrest for failure to serve his sentence. One of the conditions of Cannon's probation is that he refrain from drinking alcohol.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- New Castle doctor among newest astronauts
- Morsy scorned for appointment of ‘terrorist’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.