Newsmaker: Greg Pollock
By Jodi Weigand
Published: Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Residence: Rochester, N.Y., formerly of Wexford
Family: Father, Sanford Pollock; mother, Anne Toland
Occupation: He is a student at Rochester Institute of Technology's National Technical Institute for the Deaf.
Background: Pollock was born deaf. He is a 2007 graduate of North Allegheny High School. He is pursuing a degree in professional technical communications and is NTID's Student Congress president. Pollock hopes to get a job in project management.
Noteworthy: Pollock was recently named a student ambassador at the institute. Only 19 students have been selected as ambassadors since the program was started two years ago. Pollock is featured on the school's Web site, where he explains why he attends the school and gives advice to those considering enrolling there.
Quote: "Only four students get selected to be student ambassadors, and it really is an honor to hold this position. As an ambassador ... I hope to be a supporting figure in other students' lives, and remind them how important it is to remain dedicated to their education."
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Motorist runs light and hits bus, injuring five, before driving away
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- New spray parks in East Hills and Shadyside opening Saturday
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.