Lane closures planned in Fort Pitt tunnel, Route 28
Inbound traffic in the Fort Pitt Tunnel will be reduced to a single lane from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday, PennDOT said. Crews will perform maintenance work inside the tunnel, PennDOT said. It also said short-term lane closures will occur Wednesday and Thursday on Route 28 in Millvale. Crews will install foundations for signs between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. Inbound traffic will be restricted to a single lane as needed between the Shaler water treatment facility and Millvale interchange.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in OhioPyle
- Pitt coach Narduzzi wants star RB Conner to focus on offense
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Football star’s mom embraced life with gusto
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Armstrong School District considers Saturdays in order to make up for missed time
- Power outage shutters several Pitt campus buildings
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation