Dick's to open True Runner store in Shadyside
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. is opening a store in Shadyside that will be geared for running enthusiasts. True Runner will carry shoes, apparel and accessories when it opens later this summer, Dick's said. The store is being created "for runners, by runners and the in-store experience will continue to evolve based on the feedback and input of customers," the Findlay-based retailer said. The store will offer to host training runs and other community events, Dick's said, and it will hire sales associates who are runners and can provide expertise. Dick's sponsored the May 6 Pittsburgh Marathon that included more than 25,000 athletes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- Fifth Third Bank selling Pittsburgh branches to First National