Woman seriously hurt in Markleysburg cycle crash
A Monroeville woman was in fair condition Wednesday after a motorcycle crash Sunday afternoon.
Melva Madjerich, 63, was traveling west on Friendsville Road near Route 42 when she struck a guard rail while rounding a curve, state police said. That caused her to be launched from her motorcycle, which traveled off the roadway and landed in a field, police said. Madjerich suffered major injuries and was taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., police said.
Police said she was wearing a helmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- German pilot visited glider field near crash site as a child
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies