Two 18-year-old Nemacolin girls killed in two-vehicle crash
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Two 18-year-old girls were killed in a two-car crash Monday in Greene County.
Bethanie N. Orwig and her passenger, Holly L. Lowery, both of Nemacolin, died in the crash that occurred about 7:30 a.m. on Route 21 in Jefferson Township, between Waynesburg and Masontown.
The driver of the other vehicle, Shelvia J. Lough, 29, of Jefferson, was flown to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., with major injuries, troopers said.
State police said Orwig was driving east when she failed to negotiate a curve and traveled into the westbound lane and collided with Lough's oncoming car.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.