Hearings postponed in day care center abuse case
By Karen Zapf
Published: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:56 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2012
Preliminary hearings were postponed Wednesday for three women charged in connection with alleged physical abuse of children at a now closed church day care center in Plum.
Eileen Marie Andrews, 44, of Verona, is charged with four counts of endangerment and two counts of simple assault stemming from alleged incidents that occurred in 2011 and 2012 at the former Genesis Child Care Center that had been run by Pittsburgh East Community Church on Saltsburg Road.
Also, Terry Lynn Bachner, 43, of Murrysville and Angela Marie Russo, 49, of Plum, each are charged with two counts of endangerment and two counts of failing to report the abuse.
A secretary in Plum District Judge Linda Zucco's office said a new date for the hearings has not been selected.The center was shut down in April by the church when reports of abuse surfaced.
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Egyptologist risks life, career to expose looting
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- New Castle doctor among newest astronauts
- 27 witnesses to testify in heroin trafficking
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.