Cranberry drug bust nets 16 accused street dealers
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 4:18 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, June 28, 2012
The Butler County Drug Task Force on Wednesday arrested 16 accused drug dealers in Cranberry and the surrounding area.
Butler County Detective Tim Fennell, coordinator of the drug task force, said they are considered “mid-level” street dealers.
All of those charged, including one juvenile, are charged with drug possession and drug delivery. Task force officers made undercover buys of heroin, cocaine, Oxycontin or LSD, according to authorities.
The arrests involved officers from Cranberry, Adams, Jackson, Zelienople, the Butler County Sheriff's Office, Butler County detectives, Butler County probation, and agents from the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Remember When: Sermon presented to graduates
- Restaurant battles online reviews
- Road Trip! Destination: Museum gems of NYC
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Director of the Fort Pitt Museum in Point State Park seemed destined for job
- Lula in Sewickley offers intimate surroundings, simple food
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Family event at Fun Fore All to benefit pediatric cancer research
- Hunt Institute’s collection of botanicals continues to bloom
- Seneca Valley grads Helisek, Mazzoni moving up minor-league ranks
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.