Gas utilities drop rates through September
By Kim Leonard
Published: Friday, June 29, 2012, 3:34 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Pittsburgh region's three largest natural gas utilities announced more rate cuts on Friday.
Equitable Gas said its rate for the third quarter, starting Sunday, will be $5.56 per thousand cubic feet, or mcf, down $1.79 from a year ago, based on strong production and other factors. An average residential customer will pay $83.24 a month, down from $99.29 last year.
Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania will charge 42 cents per therm under its new billing system; the new average bill is $65.42 a month, compared to $83.99 a year ago.
Peoples Natural Gas Co. set its rate at $3.39 per mcf, down from $4.96 last summer; the average bill is $63, down from $78.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Cieply dedicating his career to cancer research
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.