TribLIVE

| Home


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Former Poli restaurant in Squirrel Hill scheduled for sheriff sale

Justin Merriman | Tribune-Review
Poli’s Restaurant, a fixture in Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill area since 1921, has been closed since 2005.

On the Grid

From the shale fields to the cooling towers, Trib Total Media covers the energy industry in Western Pennsylvania and beyond. For the latest news and views on gas, coal, electricity and more, check out On the Grid today.

Daily Photo Galleries

By Sam Spatter
Friday, July 6, 2012, 11:26 p.m.
 

Poli's Restaurant, a fixture in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill area since 1921 but which has been closed since 2005, has been listed for the Allegheny County Sheriff Sale in September for non-payment of county real estate taxes.

The county took action to collect $33,828.21 in taxes owed, plus other costs, totaling $44,331.68 owed on the restaurant at 2607 Murray Ave. Named in the action is Lisa M. Firman, executrix of the estate of Dolores M. Poli.

The county also seeks $1,826.40, owned by Poli's Restaurants Inc., for $362.53 in back taxes plus other fees.

The two-story restaurant closed during a legal dispute among members of the Poli family.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
  2. Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
  3. Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
  4. Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
  5. Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
  6. Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
  7. Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
  8. Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
  9. Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
  10. Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
  11. IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.