Woman dies Saturday in Rostraver crash
N. Belle Vernon motorist killed when car overturns
A North Belle Vernon woman died Saturday afternoon when her car overturned on Ridge Road in Rostraver, police said.
The victim, Jennifer Hora, 34, of 720 Park Ave., died of blunt-force trauma to the head, Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Timothy O'Donnell said. Hora died at 4:10 p.m. at the scene of the one-vehicle crash in front of 1111 Ridge Road, O'Donnell said.
Rostraver police and the coroner said the crash occurred at 2:30 p.m. when Hora's westbound car crossed the center line and went off the south berm of Ridge Road. It hit an embankment along a curve in the road and overturned onto its roof. Hora was the lone occupant, police said.
Speed is believed to have played a factor in the crash, and Hora was not wearing a seat belt, O'Donnell said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Frye: Early peek at 2015 seasons
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Financial fraudster used investors’ lucre to freeze dead wife, feds contend
- No movement yet on Afghan cabinet