North Belle Vernon woman killed in one-car accident
A North Belle Vernon woman died Saturday afternoon when her car overturned on Ridge Road in Rostraver, police said.
Jennifer Hora, 34, of 720 Park Ave., died of blunt-force trauma to the head, Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Timothy O'Donnell said. Hora was pronounced dead at 4:10 p.m. at the scene of the one-vehicle crash in front of 1111 Ridge Road, O'Donnell said.
Rostraver police and the coroner said the crash occurred at 2:30 p.m. when Hora's westbound Chevrolet Cavalier crossed the centerline and went off the south berm of Ridge Road. It hit an embankment along a curve in the road and overturned onto its roof. Hora was the lone occupant, police said.
Speed is believed to have played a factor in the crash, and Hora was not wearing a seat belt, O'Donnell said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Dozen injured when dump truck rear-ends Port Authority bus near Rankin Bridge
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Gay couple receives marriage license from controversial Ky. clerk’s office
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Judge will not recuse himself from Scaife case
- Gorman: Friday night to be strange without Fedko