Newsmaker: Jamie L. McConaha
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Noteworthy: McConaha was named the 2012 Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year in Pennsylvania during the recent meeting of the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. The award, sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual Cos., is given annually to a pharmacist in each state for individual excellence and outstanding contributions in state pharmacy association activities and community affairs and in professional practice.
Family: Husband, Michael
Occupation: Assistant professor of pharmacy practice in Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy, where she is also is a clinical pharmacist. She is also a certified geriatric practitioner.
Education: Graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy in 2007 from the Mylan school, and completed her academic teaching and research fellowship at Duquesne between 2007 and 2009.
Quote: “This award was especially rewarding because it represents recognition by my peers across the state.”
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Armstrong, StrongLand, Allegheny Valley chambers of commerce merging
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.