Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 11:26 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
- Polling stations may be changed for some voters
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- MPIAA holds annual 100-inning softball game
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Alvarez blast propels Pirates past Astros
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Women take action to improve Kinloch park
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.