Bayer exec wins top communicator award
Bayer MaterialScience LLC Chief of Staff Rebecca Lucore was named the 2012 Business Communicator of the Year at the Golden Triangle Awards event sponsored by the International Association of Business Communicators' Pittsburgh chapter.
From a total 123 entries, IABC chose 13 campaigns, events, publications and other forms of communication for awards of excellence, plus 49 awards of honor.
PNC Financial Services Group Inc. won a Best in Show award for its Healthy Halle advice column on employee wellness issues, honored for excellence in writing. Other excellence awards went to:
• UPMC Health Plan, communications management special event award for the health plan's weekend at the Heinz History Center.
• McMahon & Cardillo Communications, communications management award for Pittsburgh Affiliate Responds to National Susan G. Komen Controversy.
• Carnegie Mellon University, magazine award for Carnegie Mellon Today.
• Carlow University Communications and External Relations, publications award for Classroom to Career brochure.
• CMU, feature writing award for “Immortal Gift.”
• WordWrite Communications LLC, speech or script award for “Manufacturing: Deliver the Promise” speech.
• MarketSpace Communications, electronic, digital and audiovisual award for Flair and Function: Creating a new Website for Fiesta.
• Gatesman+Dave, film or TV advertising award for Energy Alliance: Energy to the Power of Pittsburgh.
• Tucker Arensberg, print advertising award for the firm's community outreach campaign.
• PPG Industries Inc. & Big Picture Communications, advertising award for PPG VersaChlor brochure.
• Duquesne University, poster graphic design award for Human Rights Series 12.