Man sues Damons Hospitality Corp., claims he was fired because of age and disability
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 2:10 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2012
A Ross man who was president and chief operating officer of Damon's Hospitality Corp. claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that the owner of the local restaurant franchise fired him because of his age and disability.
Michael Schumacher says in the lawsuit that he was 57 when Edward B. Dunlap fired him on Sept. 26, 2011. Schumacher had heart surgery three months before his firing, the lawsuit says.
Dunlap previously fired two other older employees who had developed health problems, the lawsuit says. Dunlap couldn't be immediately reached for comment.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.