Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Fans out in force to rally for beloved Bucs
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Audit: Pennsylvania’s education master plan is 16 years out of date
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Audit shows some items cost more at Pittsburgh airport’s Airmall
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz