Doo-wop and oldies on tap at the Palace Theatre
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
It will be a night of doo-wop and oldies Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Greensburg, when Bo Wagner's Rat Pack and Johnny Angel and the Halos perform.
Wagner, who became lead singer of The Vogues in 1980, is known for his Frank Sinatra influence, and also looks to Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. for inspiration.
Pittsburgh-based oldies musicians Johnny Angel and the Halos, known for their harmonies, go back more than 30 years. Angel and the band have performed with artists such as Frankie Valli, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ray Charles.
The show begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $28 to $40. Details: 724-836-8000 or www.thepalacetheatre.org
— Kellie B. Gormly
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- County judges sign order regarding procedures to maintain evidence
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.